The arrangements prior to the event seemed very efficient: on top of that, the best description for me was one of überfüllt!
- The initial service in the Marktplatz was hardly standing room only - and there were not enough service sheets - but the singing and speaking were very clear.
- The opening international greeting meeting in the Rathaus was proclaimed überfüllt but I suspect there was more room to be found. The leaders were not completely organised - and did not seem to know who was going to speak next.
- A lot of the time the U-Bahn was more than überfüllt - it reminded me of Hannover in 1983, which for me was a difficult experience.
- Margot Käßman was more than überfüllt from the outside - in that huge, hot Schleyer-halle.
- There was a very good session with Prof. Dr. Michael Sandel from Cambridge (USA) on the Friday morning in the Porsche-Arena, on the questionable importance of money.
- In the Stiftskirche, Fritz Baltruveit (pastor and musician) was überfüllt at lunchtime on Saturday. On Friday he was, as usual, enjoyable.
- It was felt that the Meissen service was rather more in German for some. Nick Baines was good on the Duke of Edinburgh.
- The Choral Evensong at the Katherinen Alt Katholische and Anglican Church was über überfüllt - and had two different times for beginning. Amazing it was so popular.
- We were, I felt, under-represented at the Markt der Möglichkeiten. The Anglican, Lutheran and the Alt Katholischen stalls helped to represent our way of thinking somewhat.
- The final Gottesdienst was, I thought, very well carried out.
- The weather was cloudless almost throughout but very hot - 36°?
- As in Stuttgart last time, I owe a great deal with gratitude to a wonderful church-going family in Hegnach bei Waiblingen - I would have achieved little without them, and their Abendmahl on Fridaybwas a joy to attend; and their little 15th century church was a gem.
- The atmosphere overall was joyful and filled with understanding, but it is a shame
- that we did not hear, as in Hamburg 1987, crowds of young people singing Kirchentag songs on the U-Bahn; and
- that no written reports are provided on paper after the chief speakers
- At first, before the sign was put outside it, it was frustratingly difficult to find and identify the International Centrum - which, when found, was fine.